March 30, 2020
The Island Resort is committed to keeping all current and future guest’s wellbeing at the forefront of our operations during this uniquely challenging period of time. We pledge to provide consistent communication the current status of the property and the efforts we are taking pertaining to COVID-19.
The Island Resort is strictly adhering to all recommendations of the CDC by implementing the following measures:
• Our housekeeping staff has increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitization utilizing chemicals certified to be effective against a broad range of bacteria & viruses, including COVID-19/Coronavirus.
• We are looking after the health and well-being of our team members, recommending they remain home and consult their healthcare provider if they feel ill. We are also urging all employees to be vigilant about frequent hand washing.
• All beaches in Okaloosa county are closed until further notice.
• All pools are open, with lounge chairs arranged with ample space between guests.
• Pontoon boats are available for rental across the street at The Dock on the Island. Crab Island is open from sunrise to sunset and guests can enjoy bay cruising.
• Food and Beverage outlets are only available for to-go orders and closed container alcoholic beverages only.
Hours of operation are as follows:
o Fish House
Breakfast 7:00 – 10:00 a.m.
Dinner 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
o Island Grill
11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
o Tripp Tide Beach Bar
o Market Place
Beer and grab-and-go sandwiches and salads available.
• Our Fitness Center is closed.
please note the above hours may vary, please call to confirm
Our beachfront live music, Full Moon Party, beachfront yoga classes and mermaid swim time have been postponed until further notice.
Flexibility for Upcoming Reservations
Given these unique circumstances, we have made additional adjustments to our individual booking policies to give our guests extra peace of mind:
o Government Restrictions. In regions affected by government-issued travel restrictions, we will continue to waive change fees or offer full refunds. Please see below for the latest information on region specific travel waivers.
o Existing Reservations. All reservations – even those described as non-cancellable (“Advanced Purchase”) –can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to the time of your arrival.
o New Reservations. Any reservation you make – even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”) – for any future arrival date, can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to the time of your arrival.
We continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide ongoing updates as needed. We also encourage you to stay up-to-date through the U.S. Center for Disease Control website and the World Health Organization website.
We are grateful for your continued trust in us and we will work to ensure that every visit you make to any of our properties starts and ends with your health, safety and wellbeing in mind.