May 22, 2020
The Island Resort is committed to keeping all current and future guest’s wellbeing at the forefront of our operations during this uniquely challenging period of time. We pledge to provide consistent communication the current status of the property and the efforts we are taking pertaining to COVID-19.
The Island Resort is strictly adhering to all recommendations of the CDC by implementing the following measures:
• Our housekeeping staff has increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitization utilizing (add)Ecolab chemicals certified to be effective against a broad range of bacteria & viruses, including COVID-19/Coronavirus. For your additional safety we are conducting limited services for our stay-over guests by not entering the room when guests are present; we will provide linen exchange, replace soap and shampoo and remove trash as needed.
• We are looking after the health and well-being of our team members, recommending they remain home and consult their healthcare provider if they feel ill. We are also urging all employees to be vigilant about frequent hand washing.
• We are taking additional preventive measures with maintaining social distancing at the front desk reception area and all public guest areas.
• All beaches are open.
• All pools are open, with lounge chairs arranged with ample space between guests.
• Pontoon boats are available for rental across the street at The Dock on the Island. Crab Island is open from sunrise to sunset and guests can enjoy bay cruising.
• Food and Beverage outlets are offering meals to-go and only allowing seating up to 50% occupancy for guests dining in. Hours of operation are as follows.
o Fish House
Breakfast 7:00 – 10:00 am
Dinner 6:00 pm– 10:00 pm
• Fish House BBQ Lunch 12pm-4pm (Memorial Day weekend)
Bar 12:00pm – 10:00 pm
o Island Grill
11:00 am – 7:00 pm
o Tripp Tide Beach Bar
12:00 pm – 9:00 pm
o Grotto Bar (Thursday-Sunday only)
11:00 am – 6:00 pm
o Market Place
Open 24 hours. Grab & go Items available
• Fitness Center is open but has limited capacity.
Our resident mermaid, Misty, will be available for swim time meet and greet every Saturday and Sunday.
Flexibility for Upcoming Reservations
Given these unique circumstances, we have made additional adjustments to our individual booking policies to give our guests extra peace of mind:
o Government Restrictions. In regions affected by government-issued travel restrictions, we will continue to waive change fees or offer full refunds. Please see below for the latest information on region specific travel waivers.
o Existing Reservations. All reservations – even those described as non-cancellable (“Advanced Purchase”) –can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to the time of your arrival.
o New Reservations. Any reservation you make – even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”) – for any future arrival date, can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to the time of your arrival.
We continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide ongoing updates as needed. We also encourage you to stay up-to-date through the U.S. Center for Disease Control website and the World Health Organization website. Additionally, we are encouraging guests to review the Newsweek article, featuring research based on the effects of sunlight on COVID-19.
We are grateful for your continued trust in us and we will work to ensure that every visit you make to any of our properties starts and ends with your health, safety and wellbeing in mind.